Here at YU, we recognize and honor the sacrifice and dedication it takes to serve our country. That's why we work hard to make educational opportunities available to active-duty service members, veterans, and their families. YU offers classes both on-campus and online.
Steps to Enrollment
- High school transcripts
- College transcripts from all colleges attended
- ACT/SAT scores (if student has less than 27 earned college credits)
- ACT Code: 2484
- SAT Code: 6984
Official transcripts and test scores may be sent to the following address:
1125 E. 8th Street
York, NE 68467
To be accepted unconditionally, student must meet two of the three requirements:
- Minimum of a 2.0 GPA (unweighted)
- Minimum ACT score of 18 (or SAT equivalent)
- Sub-scores in Math and English below requirement may require assigned level courses
Note: Homeschoolers and those taking the GED must take the ACT or SAT to be considered for acceptance. Passing the GED equals a 2.0 GPA. To be accepted unconditionally, homeschoolers and those taking the GED must meet both GPA and ACT/SAT requirements.
Complete the forms required in order to receive educational benefits.
- DD214 - Honorable discharge documents
- VA-221990 - Documents for approval of educational benefits
- A copy of the document sent back to you from the VA verifying that the VA-221990 was completed must be in your file for the Admissions Office, Registrar, and Financial Aid Office.
- VA-221990E - Documents for transfer of educational benefits funds to spouse or child
- Only one person can be the recipient of education benefits, not both spouse and child.
Note: Students must declare a major when filling out documents for educational benefits to be granted.
FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Students are encouraged to fill out the FAFSA as they may qualify for federal aid as well as VA educational benefits.
- York University's FAFSA Code: 002567
Once you're Final Accepted, you will need to accept your financial aid package. You will work through your Net Partner account for each step. If forms are required to complete then simply complete, sign and return them to York University by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
c/0 Laurie Briggs
1125 E. 8th St.
York, NE 68467
Once you've been accepted, the next step is to pay your $100 enrollment deposit. This deposit is fully refundable until August 1st (or December 21st if you are enrolling in the spring) and will allow you to reserve your housing, register for classes, and get your York University email credentials.
After completing your payment, you'll have the option to complete our housing form. Fill this out and we’ll save you a room at one of our residence halls or campus apartments.
NOTE: Even if you are not living in on-campus housing, the $100 enrollment deposit is required to enroll at York University.
You're almost a YU Panther...you just need to register for classes. If you're an accepted student & you've paid your deposit, you will be able to register for classes once the course catalog is opened by our Registrar. Contact your admissions enrollment counselor to see if you're eligible to enroll. If you have any other questions, please call us at 402-363-5627.